Early in 1845, Carl Rönisch started building pianos in his own workshop and thus the great Rönisch Piano was born. The company's philosophy: the finest tonal qualities achieved by rock-solid, durable construction.
Rönisch had the idea of using a full cast iron plate in the piano. This frame had five struts and fully covered the pinblock, which allowed a high tension scale for the first time. This revolutionary invention was soon adopted by virtually every piano maker and remains in universal use today providing power, projection, sustain and sonority in the modern piano. In 2009, the Carl Rönisch piano factory merged with Blüthner in Leipzig, where every instrument is produced by hand to this day.